Hot Sales in Michigan

Talk about snowboarding clothing, travel bags, accessories, and other snowboarding gear not talked about in other forums.

Hot Sales in Michigan

Postby Owlmeat » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:01 pm

In an effort to gear up for next season, I was wondering if anyone had the skinny on any sales / closeouts to watch out for? Im in the market for new bindings and boots maybe. Im all about buying previous model year stuff. I live in mid-Michigan, but Id spend $9 in gas to save $10 if I had to...
Owlmeat

Postby tominwi » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:42 am

I got great deals on eBay at certain times of the year. Last September I got a pair of Salamon Malmutes from the the prior year for $around $100...and they retail for $299.

REI.com has a bunch on sale now too. I like the Burton brand as it is a good product but it holds its value real well...just like Honda automobiles. That also means make sure you lock up your Burton board as they are easy to resell.

I sold my first Burton on eBay and got $20 less than I paid for it. Best time to Buy on eBay is now through Spetember/October. Best time to sell on eBay is Mid November to mid January, the very best being ealy December.
tominwi

Postby Owlmeat » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:02 pm

Thanks Tominwi! Ill have to check out REI. I plan to nab some flow bindings off ebay in a couple months. Problem is Ive purchased boots off ebay once already and got the wrong size. Burton freestyle 10.5 was a little large. Id really like to get them locally, so I am at least partially content that they will fit when I’m on the snow. Any know of any pro shops or stores that have tent sales in the spring?
Owlmeat

Postby Grizzled » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:17 pm

Check the bigger sportinggoods stores like Dunhams & SportsAuthority. Sports Authority has all ski & snowboard gear at 25% off. Boots & bindings from Ride, Burton, K2, Flow, etc... Prices should drop the later it gets in the season. They also had some older stuff clearanced really cheap.

SummitSports(http://www.summitsportsinc.com/) is pretty good with prices and usually have later model gear clearanced out. They've got a few stores around the detroit area and an ebay store BarginSports.

Boyne Country Sports in the middle of summer sometimes has good deals.

I'm also lookin for boots & bindings so if I find something I'll post it. If & when SportsAuthoirty drops prices again I'm pickin up a set of Ride bindings, right now they're about $85. I'm hopin to find a good deal on K2 cinch bindings during the offseason.
Riding since '87
Grizzled

Postby Grizzled » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:14 am

Sports Authority has all ski & snowboard gear at 40% off now. The store at Great Lakes Crossing mall has a good selection of boots; vans, ride, salamon, burton, 5150, etc etc. Bindings from; ride, flow, & burton. Sale includes all gear; googles, helmets, wax, bags etc etc.....
Riding since '87
Grizzled

Postby Owlmeat » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:32 am

Thanks Grizz!
Owlmeat

Return to Gear: General