Pocket Board/Binding tools?

Talk about snowboarding clothing, travel bags, accessories, and other snowboarding gear not talked about in other forums.

Pocket Board/Binding tools?

Postby Sherlock » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:02 pm

I need to purchase a pocket board/binding tool. Are there any products out there that yall are using and would recommend?
The more I learn, the more I know, theres a lot more I don't know.
Sherlock

Postby John » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:22 pm

I bought a combo screwdriver kit last year. Can't remember where I bought it ... And now I can't remember where I put it!

Bummer. It had a short ... what's the word ... piece of metal that had a phillips head on one end and a slot head on the other. Swap one for the other according to your needs. It was a handy way of making binding adjustments on the fly, without using those 12 inch jobs that the ski areas provide. It was especially useful for me since the design of the Flow bindings (which I use) make it hard to turn the screws without taking the cap off first.
John

Pocket tools

Postby joecolo » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:23 am

Over the years my son has given me a number of small inexpensive “all in one tools”. One turned out to be perfect, small and no sharp points.
joecolo

Postby John » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:16 am

Having given up on finding my pocket tool from last season, I went to a local shop and bought what they had, which was a choice between two Burton items. One, the "Bullet Tool," runs at $18, and includes more than I need.

I bought an "AL-1" for $10. It's a 4-in-1 item, including 2 phillips heads, one slot head, and one allen wrench head. To my surprise it does not not come with a pouch, which would be handy. The heads aren't sharp to the touch, but that's just sitting here at zero miles per hour.

One useful feature is that it lets you position the relevant bit at either a 90 degree or 180 degree angle to the rest of the tool, which means either "easier to work with in a small space" or "more torque," respectively.
John

Postby mergs » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:52 pm

red bullit tool is what i carry. not too heavy, but it has it all.

there is also a smaller one that looks like a tringle and is feather light, also made by red, and it has the basics. it'll do the job too.

dakine made a good tool too that i've used in the past.

the key is:

check out what bolts, nuts etc your board, bindings (and for step in boots the nuts on the bottom, side, etc. they have loosened on me and if its torx, or some other screwy bit, get that bit and keep with you.)
powder whore, tree junkie, backcountry monkey
mergs

Postby welshscarry » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:27 am

Burton has a small pocket tool for 10 bucks.
I got it through proboardshop.com, and it works just fine and is small enough to carry in a pocket easily.
welshscarry

Postby hookster » Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:20 pm

I've been carrying the Burton FBI tool since last season. I'm happy with the quality and it lays flat in your pocket, nothing to worry about falling on
hookster

Return to Gear: General