Goggles and Glasses

Talk about snowboarding clothing, travel bags, accessories, and other snowboarding gear not talked about in other forums.

Goggles and Glasses

Postby custom55 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:59 pm

I wear glasses under my goggles and have had pretty good success with the Anon Figment. Great ventilation but on warm days I do get some fogging. I also use Cat Crap to help prevent fogging.

Can anyone recommend other goggles tghat would be good over glasses ?
Jim from NJ
custom55

Postby John » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:36 pm

I dunno, I use a basic OTG model from Smith. It works pretty well, though on occasion I do have problems with them fogging up. So it's stop, remove the goggles, air out, and resume.

It hasn't been a big problem for me, perhaps because most of my riding is in the Midwest, where a run will last a minute if you're lucky.
John

Postby Rob » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:46 pm

I've got a basic Scott goggle and on warm days it's just impossible to wear glasses. Fortunately, I'm not blind without them, but I have considered going back to contacts and even Lasix. But if someone can recommend a pair of goggles that handles glasses well without fogging on warm days, I really want to hear about them.
Rob

Postby daysailer1 » Thu May 15, 2008 3:16 pm

I wrote a review on this very subject. http://www.snowboarderguide.com/reviews ... s/502.html

I'm sticking with the Smith Optics Knowledge Turbo fan OTG
daysailer1

Smith Knowledge OTG

Postby Rob » Fri May 16, 2008 9:55 am

It happens that I ran into a Smith Rep at a snowboard show earlier this year and he said if I tried the Knowledge Turbo, I'd not be disappointed. He and daysailer are right. This is a great (if expensive) solution to riding with glasses. I've made 3 trips with these goggles, and they're keepers.

-Rob
Rob

glasses

Postby Snowride » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:46 pm

Has anyone ever tried PANOPTICS? They are glasses that wrap around, with a foam padding similar to goggles, but they are glasses. I have a few pairs and used to like them. Now I'm a goggles only rider (since I wear my helmet 100% of the time). Motorcycle riders (me!) also like Panoptics. Check them out and report here whether you like them or not. I'm curious what people think.
I'm a snowboarding grandma approaching 60. Got a place at Bear Valley California and would love to hang with others like me.
Snowride

Postby canoer » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:45 pm

I started using driving glasses in recent months and may try them under my goggles this winter.

I just got some cheap computer glasses for $20 from Hong Kong and they seem fine. So I may think about some wraparounds that seem a bit similar to Panoptxs. For $40, they may be worth a shot.

http://zennioptical.com/cart/home.php?cat=27
canoer

Return to Gear: General