Boarding in Michigan

Talk about riding in the Midwest, and arrange meet-ups.

Postby snowrider » Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:49 pm

We got 6" last night on Mt. Sunapee so guess where I just got home from?
It looked like alot of people "called in sick" today, but that's what ya gotta do in New England when it snows. I was on the chair w/a guy talking to his office and telling them they'd have to cancel his meeting bc the snow caused him some problems! Right! He must have fallen down! I'm glad I work for "me!"

Actually, I like Corona or Heiniken but for $2, I could probably swallow a Labatt. How's Mich? And where the heck is Caberfae?

We're supposed to have another 1-3 tomorrow. I'm lovin' it!
Judy :)
snowrider

Postby John » Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:36 pm

Judy,

"I'm having problems with the snow." Great line!

Here's the URL of Caberfae. http://www.caberfaepeaks.com/
It's in Cadillac (for the rest of you, that's roughly between Lake Michigan and Lake Huron in the northern part of Michigan's Lower Peninsula.

Sigh. All this talk of powder in Michigan makes me lament the fact that I never took up snow sports in all the years I lived there. In Minnesota, we just have ice.
John

Postby boneheadX » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:51 am

Grizzled-
I'm at Brighton on Monday's & Thursday's coaching the MILFORD High School boardercross team (Yeah, we now have Snowboard TEAMS in michigan!) something I'm very proud of- working hard to promote the sport here in the Mitten state. :wink:

Wednesday nights we have a Boardercross / skiercross league at ALPINE valley (off of M59) in Highland, MI

This weekend we will be headed to Shanty for a USASA event "Huck-Fin"
keep in touch-

BTW I loved the comment "Hey, they don't allow old guys on the hill!" that will surely get some attention! :P
later
Greg Flowers
"On a regular day I'm goofy, on a goofy day I'm regular"
boneheadX

Postby jRok57 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:22 am

Hey hey, I think I'm the newest recruit for the "grays" here. I just started snowboarding this season (last saturday in fact) but I just wanted to say if you see a 26 year old guy falling all over himself at brighton or alpine valley, feel free to point, laugh, and say "whats up J?"
Jason
jRok57

Previous

Return to Regions: Midwestern U.S.