Homestead review...

Talk about riding in the Midwest, and arrange meet-ups.

Homestead review...

Postby dcalc » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:59 am

got a great deal on lodging and lift tickets for the weekend (sign of the ecomony), so i decided to give the homestead a shot. The hill is small, even by midwest standards and the runs are a bit short, but the views of lake michigan are fantastic, the help was very friendly, and the layout and design of the 3 lifts is well thought out. I think it's listed as 350' of vert.
I enjoyed it very much. The "village" was quite nice and my room was big and clean. I had to only walk a 100 meters or so to the base and lift. Enjoyed myself in-spite of the smaller ski hill and I can't say enough about the scenery. I will upload a few pics.
Dan
dcalc

Postby John » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:25 am

That would be:

http://www.thehomesteadresort.com/

Thanks for the review. I've never been there, but I like the idea of getting some great views of "The Lake."

Folks, if you've never been to western Michigan during the summer (yeah, I said summer), you're missing something.

If you have photos to share, dcalc, feel free to include a link to them or send me a note if you need some help. I put my photos on shutterfly and then include the link here, but there are other services that give you the same ability.
John

Return to Regions: Midwestern U.S.