Mt LaCrosse

Talk about riding in the Midwest, and arrange meet-ups.

Mt LaCrosse

Postby Mouse » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:09 pm

Anyone going to be in the LaCrosse Wisconsin area over Presidents' Weekend? They have a high school ski races in the mornings but we have found that the 4-9 pm is wide open and a lot of fun. I'll be there with my scout troop on Sunday evening, Feb 17th. I'd enjoy meeting some of you on the slopes if you are in the area. I ride a Hazmat board (don't worry, I've never heard of them either). It is the Red Baron's wing, red with the black iron crosses on each end, bullet holes and skier kills!!

Mt LaCrosse is a small to average ski area for the midwest with a lot of different levels of runs. They say they have the longest run and the blackest double diamond in the midwest.

See you there if you can.

Mouse
Mouse

Re: Mt LaCrosse

Postby MunkySpunk » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:25 pm

Mouse wrote:It is the Red Baron's wing, red with the black iron crosses on each end, bullet holes and skier kills!!
I'm not going to be anywhere near there, but if I may, that sounds like some killer graphics, got any pictures?
MunkySpunk

Postby John » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:36 pm

Sounds interesting... But on a Sunday night? That's a tough one.
John

Postby Mouse » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:24 am

This day works best for my scouts because it doesn't interfere with the sat sports, wrestling and basketball and with President's Day off, it is not a school night and we can stay out late and close the park. As far as graphics, I'll look for some and see if I can get them on the site. You might have to put up with my ugly mug.

Enjoy the snow. More on the way. This is what winter is supposed to be like!! I think I may have to move west, north or to the lake effect regions of Michigan and New York.
Mouse

Postby Mouse » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:52 pm

MunkySpunk

I'm not able to get the pics on this site. Sent me an email and I'll send you a couple

John, Can we post pics to this site?

Mouse
Mouse

Postby Mouse » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:45 pm

Sorry I didn't make it to LaCrosse. We got 2-3 inches of rain early sunday morning which changed to snow by 7:00am. The snow came hard and the roads became inpassible. By 8:00 am, there were so many cars in the ditches that the snow plows were pulled off, wreckers were sent home and many roads were closed. I'm still trying to get the ice off my driveway. It has been so cold that the ice melt doesn't work. We are going to try again Sat. March 1st.

Mouse
Mouse

Postby John » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:18 am

Mouse wrote:John, Can we post pics to this site?
Mouse

Yes. Be clean, be legal.

I suggest uploading your photos to Flickr, Photobucket, or another photo-sharing service and then put a link in the forum.

If you have a question about your bindings, put the photo in the binding forum, for example. There's a general-purpose photo forum, too: http://graysontrays.com/bb/viewforum.php?f=23
John

Return to Regions: Midwestern U.S.