Slow start here in the midwest...

Talk about riding in the Midwest, and arrange meet-ups.

Slow start here in the midwest...

Postby dcalc » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:18 am

this sucks, yesterday it was something like 55 deg in mich's UP. Whole lot of brown out there. it's not even getting cold enough to make snow at night for many locations. Hope it's better where you are
well, got get back to my turkey
happy thanskgiving
dcalc

Postby Grizzled » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:37 pm

Finally!

Northern Mi. resorts plan to open this weekend. Detroit area hills are opening today.
Riding since '87
Grizzled

Postby dcalc » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:12 pm

well, thank god i'm heading to CO in 4 days as things are looking very bad here in the mid-west. I've not been out yet this year.
I'm not sure we are going to have a winter as this point. all ski hills in the southern part of state have been closed for days (I believe most were only able to open a few days this year) and those open up-north barely have enough snow. I'm hope this is a freak year.
Dan
dcalc

Postby John » Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:26 am

I hear ya .... There's no natural snow to be found around here. It's RAINING today. But we do have some of the man-made stuff. Even so, I have yet to see a fully-covered area.
John

Postby dcalc » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:02 pm

same here, talk about depressing: it's currently 40F (southern MI) raining hard, and the 10-day forcast shows highs > 40 everyday!
dcalc

Postby John » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:49 pm

I went riding today. Last week, we had spring snow. Today, it was loose, frozen crystals. Not as bad as I had thought it would be, and it reminds me of the definition of an expert skier/rider--someone who can ride all terrain, in all snow conditions. In other words, suck it up and go.

It's easy to think that if there's no snow at home, it's not on the hill. I know very well that this is false, but it's easy to be deceived, or perhaps the better word is to be dispirited and not bother checking out the snow conditions.

But then again, I hear you about Michigan. Some folks I know were planning a nordic trip to Michigan, and it was cancelled for lack of good snow.
John

Return to Regions: Midwestern U.S.