Don't forget Searchmont

Talk about riding in the Midwest, and arrange meet-ups.

Don't forget Searchmont

Postby danvaught » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:44 pm

If you travel north on I-75, past the Mackinac Bridge, about 45 minutes, you come to the town of Sault Ste Marie. You can continue straight into Canada. If you drive approximately 45 minutes north of there you come to Searchmont, a good sized and uncrowded ski resort. It is most likely done for the season after this week, but it's something worth checking out next year. It's very cheap, $35 per day (Canadian Funds), and they have a terrain park. I try to get there several times a month, but then again I live in Sault, Michigan.

http://www.searchmont.com/
danvaught

Postby Grizzled » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:42 am

very nice resort, it don't get much better in the midwest as far as terrain goes. my fav, i'd go there before anything else in the lower mi. i try to get there a couple times a year, 6 hour drive from detroit.

unfortunately i broke my arm there 2 weeks ago. 1st day of a 3 day weekend 2nd run of the day. spent all day at the sault war memorial hospital, and the rest of the weekend knockin back mooseheads to ease the pain. showing a horribly broken arm to the boarder guards gets you waved right thru with no hassels. :lol:
Riding since '87
Grizzled

Return to Regions: Midwestern U.S.