weather sucks here in Michigan...

Talk about riding in the Midwest, and arrange meet-ups.

weather sucks here in Michigan...

Postby dcalc » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm

i hope it's better wherever you are. we've had warm temps (>32) and rain nearly everyday for over a week. I really wanted to get some time in at the local hills this year to finally get on-top of this snow boarding, but weather is keeping me home. So, far I've only been out 2x this year (trip to northern lower mich). I really don't want to invest a lot of money for a western trip till i'm a bit better (want to get my money's worth), but I may have to as conditions in all of mich. suck right now.
dcalc

Postby DMC » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:50 pm

I left home in Hunter NY this AM with 8" on the ground.. Final tally around a foot.

Stuck out of town for a few days... :x :x
DMC

Postby Grizzled » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:48 pm

Temps are a droppin and snows on the way!

Yes the weather has sucked.
But ya need to quit with the excuses and just get out more. Just cause there's no snow in yer yard don't mean the hills are bare. Went to Holly last Sun. 100% open no bare spots and deep soft granular spring like conditions. Get your practice in at the small local hills then enjoy the bigger up north or western resorts. Need some advice or lessons let me know. I jump around all over the place from hill to hill. Will trade lessons for beer.
Riding since '87
Grizzled

Postby dcalc » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:24 pm

ok, you have a point. I'll take the lessons for the beer.
Thanks,
Dan
dcalc

Postby Grizzled » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:20 pm

Pick a time & place. Brightons pretty easy to get to from Plymouth.

Speaking of bad weather. I ran into that freezing rain ice storm Saturday morning heading up to Caberfae. What a mess. From Aubrun Hills to Flint 75 was littered with cars in the ditches. Got better as I went up, rain turned to snow north of Bay City.
Riding since '87
Grizzled

Return to Regions: Midwestern U.S.