Just got back from Nub's & Caberfae - first time out

Talk about riding in the Midwest, and arrange meet-ups.

Just got back from Nub's & Caberfae - first time out

Postby dcalc » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:53 pm

it was nice to get out (first time this year), but it was painful to pay those holiday rates for very poor conditions & the crowds. Nub's is ok, but seemed overrated for us non-park riders (they did have some great looking rails, jumps, pipes, etc) - especially for $50 lift ticket.
I actually liked Caberfae better, and prices are more reasonable ($38 lift ticket). My boys (who are much better) also liked Caberfae better.
Anyway, time for some Advil as everything hurts - I gotta get out more often!! I still suck, but I'm getting better, inch-by-inch.
Dan
dcalc

Postby Grizzled » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:30 pm

What days were ya there? What are the conditions? What was the weather like? Are they gettin the rain up north that we've been gettin in Detroit?

UPS just dropped of my new board and I'm goin friggin nuts cause I can't ride anywhere today. Skippin town and headin north this weekend if the conditions are good.

Caberfae has $5 off internet coupons for an all day/night ticket.

http://www.caberfaepeaks.com/coupons.htm
Riding since '87
Grizzled

Postby dcalc » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:59 pm

We were there on Tue & Wed. There was a misty rain most of Tue. (Nub's). Wed was dry till 2:00 (Caberfae)- then we left with a very light rain. In the AM the conditions are groomed with some ice and crusty spots. By mid-moring it's more of a slush. Temps were 32-38F. Nub's has more coverage than Caberfae. There are quite a few bare spots at Caberfae. To be honest, they did a pretty good job considering the bad weather - I just wish they would drop the holiday prices when the conditions are so poor.
I registered for the $5, but they never sent me the email.

I should also note that Caberfae had two lifts down for several hours (the two to the far left when looking at the peaks).

good luck with the new board.
Dan
dcalc

Postby Grizzled » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:40 pm

dcalc wrote:good luck with the new board.

Thanks.......If I ever get to use it now. Paid the extra for 2 day air so I could have it by the weekend & now there's no snow.

Thanks for the report. Temps are supose to drop and turn the rain to snow up north. Hopefully I'll still get out this weekend.

Cab doesn't send the coupon. After you register, on the next page there's a tab that says "click here for coupon". Click it then print out the next page.
Riding since '87
Grizzled

Return to Regions: Midwestern U.S.