Instructional Videos

Problems making turns? Riding switch? Looking to get air for the first time (on purpose)? Ask these and other questions here. If there's a more specific forum, please ask there.

Instructional Videos

Postby John » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:02 am

I've long thought that the world needs some more videos about the basics of snowboarding. I found some at the site "MonkeySee." I don't have time at the moment to view them, but feel free to look yourself and offer some comments about it here.

Here's a link to the site: http://www.monkeysee.com/video/subcateg ... tegory=175
John

More (good) snowboarding lesson videos

Postby snowd0gg » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:36 pm

I used to find it incredibly difficult to find really good snowboarding videos that actually taught anything useful. There are still a bunch on YouTube that are less than helpful, but at least some decent ones are beginning to appear.

I found a site yesterday that I like. A woman and her brother both were frustrated by seeing snowboard videos that (as they describe it) "gave one beginner tip followed by three minutes of rodeo flips off a 70 foot kicker to guitar music."

They mix in a lot of real-world context and a fair amount of humor in their lessons and I found them helpful as well as refreshing. There are beginner and intermediate levels so far, as well as some "tricks" you might want to review if you're at that level.

Check out their site at www.snowprofessor.com
snowd0gg

Postby patmoore » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:26 pm

I watched the beginner video and discovered it was pretty well done. I've been looking for a video showing how to learn to Eurocarve and the only one I found was in German.
patmoore

Postby John » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:06 pm

I've exchanged some Twitter feeds with both the principals behind the Snow Professor site. Best of all, they live not that far from me; maybe I'll meet one of them next season and get a few freestyle tips.

By the way, I have a page about instructional videos. Feel free to offer any suggestions for additions as you find them.

http://www.graysontrays.com/videos.php
John

Return to Techniques and Learning to Ride