My first season as a snowboarder

Problems making turns? Riding switch? Looking to get air for the first time (on purpose)? Ask these and other questions here. If there's a more specific forum, please ask there.

My first season as a snowboarder

Postby FerndaleDave » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:02 pm

Hi guys and gals,
I am now firmly entrenched as a snowboarder. This is my first season and I have gone to Mt. Baker 12 times so far.
I took your advice and on the first three trips, I took a lesson each day.
Now I am just practicing turns and starting to have fun. Yesterday was a beautiful day and the snow for me was groomers and was great.
The last new snow was 4 days ago, and though it was well tracked, I stay on the groomers anyway. The best thing about yesterday was the lack
of other people. It was a Monday after 3 days of everyone being there to enjoy the new powder and there was maybe two people ahead of me
when I would get to the lift line. What a joy.
I wear every possible type of padding and bracing and a helmet, and I am not falling so much anymore.
I was committed to learning this sport this season and bought a season pass and I am having a great time.
Thanks for all of your posts. I read a lot here before starting and it was good advice.
Pray for SNOW!
David
FerndaleDave

Re: My first season as a snowboarder

Postby John2 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:42 pm

David,

Thanks for the encouraging words. Keep it up!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Due to technical difficulties, the user "John" is now running as "John2." New and improved?
John2

Re: My first season as a snowboarder

Postby EdenP » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:21 am

David,Im glad you're enjoying the sport.Maybe we will see each other when I get there in March.
EdenP

Return to Techniques and Learning to Ride