Did you buy any new clothing this season?

Talk about snowboarding clothing, travel bags, accessories, and other snowboarding gear not talked about in other forums.

Did you buy any new clothing this season?

Postby John » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:09 am

So did you buy any new clothing this season? If so, how has it worked out? I' working on some reviews that I'll have up on the blog eventually.

Since I could get an instructor's/media discount, I bought some stuff from Obermeyer: jacket, base layer, and gloves. Generally I liked it all, but I wonder if the line suffers from vanity sizing.

Finally, I really ought to get some new goggles; my amber lenses are pretty scratched up.

One good thing: I didn't (temporarily) lose my neck gaiter, as I did last season so now I've got only two of them, and not more.
John

Postby snowd0gg » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:03 pm

John,

I can't help but buy something just about every season. It gives me something to do related to snow sports when I'm not actually on the slopes.

Just before my trip to Snowshoe to try boarding, I bought some Obermeyer snowboard pants that are corduroy. These things look awesome and are incredibly comfortable. The only problem is that they feel pretty heavy and they're definitely warm so they aren't the kind of pants you'd want to wear when things warm up on the slopes.

I guess I should add my boots - not sure that's clothing or equipment. :-) Anyway, I bought a pair of DC Judge snowboard boots that have the little pump thingie. I basically considered the pump to be a gimmic, but it actually does seem to help fill in the boot under the ankle so there is no slipping. The boots are WAY comfortable too even though slightly stiff. I think they were a great purchase.
Last edited by snowd0gg on Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
snowd0gg

Postby bernwern » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:06 am

I got the following:

Burton Profile Gloves
Sessions Cargo Cargo pants
Special Blend Fader Flage jacket
Under Armor 2.0 termals (shirt and pants)
Analog Ninja-Mask
FourSquare Trees hoodie

Let me know if you want a review on any or all of it.

-B
bernwern

Postby welshscarry » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:09 pm

1. Burton Baker mitts

2. pants.. Bonfire Fusion pants

Love them both. Pants especially worked great.
welshscarry

ISIS for women

Postby Snowride » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:59 pm

I am into ISIS these days. I bought 2 jackets and 2 vests, all ISIS. They are feather-weight goose down vests that you can wear inside your snowboarding jacket (shell). I love it. They keep me warm and are not too heavy. I am really small, and ISIS has sizes that fit me.
I'm a snowboarding grandma approaching 60. Got a place at Bear Valley California and would love to hang with others like me.
Snowride

Return to Gear: General