Does your home ski area require leashes?

Talk about snowboarding clothing, travel bags, accessories, and other snowboarding gear not talked about in other forums.

Does your home mountain or ski area require snowboard straps?

No
43%
Yes
57%

Total votes : 7

Does your home ski area require leashes?

Postby John » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:54 pm

Does your home mountain or ski hill require snowboarding straps?

[Note: title edited to say "leash" to reflect common usage.]

I started out at three different hills that all required snowboarders to use straps. Now I teach at a hill that does not require them. But I leave the strap on, since I will inevitably have to re-strap at some point.
Last edited by John on Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
John

Postby shikshak » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:37 pm

A leash isn't required at Killington or Pico (Vermont), but I use it to hook onto the rack while parking my board-it gets windy and it keeps it from falling-or worse-knocking over skis!
shikshak

Postby Kecht06 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:43 am

If by straps your meaning leashes, all the resorts out here require them, however I do not have them on any of my boards. I would recomend them for any boarder who is still learning, as one slip, and your board could be history ( monstly strapping it at the bottom of the mountain). Any new boarders I tell them to get one, if nothing else, for peace of mind. For me, I figure, If something happens that both my feet are ripped off and I lose my board, good riddence, I have bigger problems at that point.
And Whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men.
Kecht06

Postby canoer » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:02 pm

I keep forgetting to ask. I like leashes since I can clip the leg end to my rear binding at the end of the day and use the leash like a carrying strap back to the car. That leaves my hand free to carry my wife's ski poles while she struggles with those long skinny heavy things. 8)
Last edited by canoer on Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
canoer

Postby Kecht06 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:12 pm

canoer wrote:I keep forgetting to ask. I like leashes since I can clip the free end to my rear binding at the end of the day and use the leash like a carrying strap when I go back to the car. That leaves my hands free to carry my wife's ski poles while she struggles with those long skinny heavy things. 8)

Great point, and your lucky to have a wife that will go with you.
And Whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men.
Kecht06

Postby canoer » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:05 pm

Thanks for quoting the post where I spelled "leash" right. :wink: Maybe John can delete the original (sorry about the dupe)?
canoer

Return to Gear: General