The quality of my gear???

Talk about snowboarding clothing, travel bags, accessories, and other snowboarding gear not talked about in other forums.

The quality of my gear???

Postby GregH » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:34 pm

Okay, so when I decided I would start riding, I went out and bought gear. I don't even remember how much I spent except for the fact that it was reasonable.

I wasn't TOO interested in quality as I needed to learn and figured I would trash this stuff and buy better stuff later on. Well, it's later on and i learned quickly and my gear is in excellent shape.

I have LaMar board, bindings and boots. Anyone know if they make decent stuff or is it worth buying something new?

Thanks
GregH

Hey!

Postby NYcrash » Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:50 pm

Beats me...But i did read that one of the boards Lamar puts out got rated in the best top ten for this year. Sorry I dont remember which one. I do know it was a guys board though.
Good luck...
NYcrash

Postby shikshak » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:52 pm

Lamar makes good stuff. Keep it if it's working for you, if you're like me you'll be wearing the stuff out in a season or two!
shikshak

Postby goofydatarave » Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:13 pm

I always thought of Lamar as decent middle-of-the road stuff. If I were you I would definitely hang onto it until you find that you have developed a preference for a particular riding style. Then get a second board that is setup for that 'new' style (i.e. fatter or longer board if you ride in pow, stiffer and possibly thinner if you get into carving, or softer and shorter if you find yourself in the park a lot). That way you can always strap the 'old' board back on if you find yourself in conditions that don't lend themselves to the new board's style.

A lot of people hang onto their older boards for 'rock boards', which are great for beating on in the park, or for riding in early winter, or late spring when you may be riding on stuff other than snow :lol:
A bad day on the board is better than a good day at the office.
goofydatarave

Postby GregH » Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:33 pm

Thanks. For now it's working for me just fine. But I'm sure to invest somethime this season in something better. I will surely keep this as a rock board.
GregH

Return to Gear: General