Two feet forward

Duck? Pigeon-toe? Goofy or regular? Setback or not? One simple question about binding angles or stance can lead to many more. They're in here.

Two feet forward

Postby leftcoast larry » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:39 am

Spent Wednesday sliding at Bear Mountain. They had a great deal "Three Play Daze." Instead of $53 mid-week, you get three days for $108. The ticket is good for a year.

I was with a friend who's been boarding for a couple of decades. He was watching me turning on some of the steeper sections of a Blue "The Park Run" and kept telling me "get your weight forward - more." During a break I noticed that his bindings were both angled forward, so I gave them a closer look and found both front and back were set at +15 degrees. So I thought it couldn't hurt and when we took a break for lunch I changed mine from 15+/-6 to 15+/6+.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I wasn't fighting the mountain anymore. My formerly tired legs were miraculously revived. Turning became so much easier. Since I rarely ride switch I think I'll leave 'em be.

Facing forward into the future!

leftcoast larry
"vermont villains" Custom 162, Cartels, & Motos
leftcoast larry

Re: Two feet forward

Postby John » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:18 pm

I too, have been experimenting with changing my stance from duck to forward. I have been -9 +12, and recently have been trying +12 +12.

So far, no major change, though it has been a bit more awkward getting my back foot in the binding, since I'm so used to it pointing in the other direction.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Our fan page is http://www.facebook.com/GraysOnTrays
John

Postby vetteman » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:44 pm

Sounds like no fun but you gotta do whatever works for you.
vetteman

Postby John » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:23 pm

Don't get me wrong; it's not horrible at all--just something that takes a little getting used to.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Our fan page is http://www.facebook.com/GraysOnTrays
John

Postby hookster » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:06 am

Hey Larry,

Try +21/ +9 this season and see what you think.....I love that setting for just cruising, especially on pow days

Later,

Hookster :P
hookster

Return to Techniques: Stance and Binding Angles