Fish Fry

Talk about equipment sales, ticket sales, ski and snowboard swaps, competitions and demos, and anything else that's time sensitive.

Fish Fry

Postby longboardkook » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:11 am

Anyone in for a Snowboard Fish Fry??????? It would be a day of riding your "fish" or powder snowboard or whatever you use to ride a nice fresh dump of snow. It would be a celebration of surfing the powder be it here in ColoRADo or at your local mountain no matter how big or small your hill is or how many inches of snow fell. Even your local small mountain resort gets some freshies. Turn it into a Fish Fry and brag about scoring it while others slaved away at work. As been said so many times, "Dude, you should have been here yesterday, it was overhead, offshore winds and nobody out......."

What is your "Fish Fry" story/event this season?

LBK
Surf the Snow!
longboardkook

Re: Fish Fry

Postby longboardkook » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:01 am

Here is a Fish Fry Story e-mailed to me earlier this week from Johnny "Rad" Dillon about heading out to ride Ski Roundtop (RT) in PA near Baltimore/DC:

...but later on you know I had to go...just as I was about to leave FedEx drops off a pkg for me....a bunch of flies...now I have to do both...so I head up to Roundtop w/a stop at a trout stream in MD....missed a hit or two, got too many snags...temps were 27 when I got to the stream...an hr later & covered w/snow...yup. another snow squall...I leave...its 23 out now...my fingers r frozen....I hit up RT...fun in the snowguns....o yea, it was 20 when I arrived @ RT!....I wasn't cold despite the wind...I wore a longsleeve polypropylene shirt, a wool longsleeve shirt and my windbloc fleece, turtle fur neck warmer and hunter's cap which covers the ears........bustin loose and having a blast.
I've got to get to steeper & bigger mountains.
JD

Snowboarding and Fly Fishing the same day; now that's a real good "Fish Fry" story.

LBK
Surf the Snow!
longboardkook

Return to Events