Last Gasp 3 for May 2010

Talk about equipment sales, ticket sales, ski and snowboard swaps, competitions and demos, and anything else that's time sensitive.

Last Gasp 3 for May 2010

Postby John » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:57 pm

Anyone interested in meeting in the first week of May? For the last two years, SteveH and I and a few other people have met in Summit County in May (13th and 14th, or something like that) for two days of riding at A-Basin. Last year year, we had DaySailer and RunsWithDog, plus a few guys whose names I forget. Some of us got a condo near the Dillon Reservoir, outside Keystone, which made for a quick trip to A-Basin.

One of our participants said we ought to have a name for this gathering, and came up with the name "Last Gasp." I liked it, as it reflected not only the fact that it was likely the last riding session of the season for some of us, but also that for me, I was literally (well, not quite literally, but almost) gasping from altitude sickness. (This time, I've got to bring the Diamox!)

I've been thinking that it might be good to move the event to the first week in May, so that we can have some better snow. Not that the snow on May 13, 2009 was bad; it just could have been better.

Now it turns out there's an event on the west side of Denver (Lakewood, for those who know) on the night of Monday, May 3, that I might want to attend. That would work well with holding "Last Gasp 3" on Tuesday May 4 and Wednesday, May 5.

Who's interested?
------------------------------------------------------------------
Our fan page is http://www.facebook.com/GraysOnTrays
John

Re: Last Gasp 3 for May 2010

Postby runswithdog » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:35 pm

John,

I may be able to make it over there that week.
Let's see if you get more interest as the time gets closer.

A.
runswithdog

Postby SteveH » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:22 pm

Those dates work for me.
SteveH

Postby John » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:34 pm

Well, there's a work conflict so I can't make it that week after all. It's got to be either before or after.
John

Postby SteveH » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:33 am

Jim Twark and I are committed for May 18-20 at ABasin. We'd love to have anyone who can make it join us for all or part of the time. I can help arrange lodging if desired.
SteveH

Postby John » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:39 am

Don't know if I will make it this year. I've had a lot of unusual expenses and this would be an easy way to cut back. And I just returned from a trip to Sun Valley, Idaho, so I could easily be done with the season.
John

Return to Events