Sticky Bindings.. Burton Escapage

Talk about snowboard bindings here.

Sticky Bindings.. Burton Escapage

Postby PamelaDare » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:18 pm

Hello again.

With one of the first real taste's of winter here in the east (but unlke our poor cousins in Buffalo--ouch!) it is time to unzip the old storage bag and see how things are.

My equipment seems find except for on thing: my bindings are sticky! I have had different bindings over the years but theses Burton Escapades are just stickly to the touch. Whever there is the composite materials it seems to be grimy, grungy; the metal bits seem to be fine.

My concern is with all of these new materials, etc, is this is normal occurence? If so, whatever would I use to clean/dissolve this sticky film that is all over my bindings? I am afraid I'll damage them if I don't use the correct product. (I did try some dish soap and water and good bit of scrubbing; the result looked a bit like removing an old price sticker from an item. Not nice.

I paid a goodly amount for them and they haven't been used more than once or twice, and that was a few years ago.

Thank you
PamelaDare

Re: Sticky Bindings.. Burton Escapage

Postby John2 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:55 am

That's odd. What part is sticky? The base plate? The ratchets? The straps? Everything? Where have you been storing them?

It's possible the plastic has deteriorated from being locked inside the bag.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Due to technical difficulties, the user "John" is now running as "John2." New and improved?
John2

Return to Gear: Bindings