Posting photos

Announcements from the management of the Grays on Trays<SUP>&reg;</SUP> web site concerning the site, including this discussion forum. Also: offer your suggestions for features, content, etc. here.

Posting photos

Postby Snowride » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:47 am

How do you post photos as an attachment to your forum posting?
I'm a snowboarding grandma approaching 60. Got a place at Bear Valley California and would love to hang with others like me.
Snowride

Postby John » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:57 am

I'd recommend (at least for now) uploading a photo to Flickr, Photobucket, Shutterfly, Photobucket, and then use whatever link they provide to you.

Do you have an account with one of those services? If not, I'd recommend Photobucket, primarily because I know it works very easily with these forums.

If you write an entry and then mouse over the rectangular box that says Img, you get the following--

---------------
Insert image: Image (alt+p)
---------------

Not exactly clear, is it?

After I upload a photo to photobucket, I get four options for displaying an image. One is for "IMG Code." I just click on that one and the computer code is automagically copied ... and then I come over here and paste the code for the photo. Then I click on the "submit" button, and the photo is in the forum.
John

Thanks but

Postby Snowride » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:57 am

Thanks for these instructions regarding posting photos. But I have an Apple Macintosh computer and I work with iphoto. Any chance I can do something with that? For Facebook, I can install a special link so when I want to export a picture from iphoto, I just go to export and Facbook is one of the options. Is there anything similar? I also have used kodakgallery.com for uploading photos. Please advise.
I'm a snowboarding grandma approaching 60. Got a place at Bear Valley California and would love to hang with others like me.
Snowride

Postby John » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:10 pm

The iPod nano and iTunes are my only ventures into the Apple universe, but I believe that most photo sharing sites don't care whether you have a Windows machine or an Apple one. (A more knowledgeable Applephile, please let me know if this is incorrect.) iPhoto is, as far as I know, a program for organizing and working with the photos on your own computer, and not an Internet program for sharing them. Maybe it has a way of sending photos off to web sites, but I don't know enough to say.

Since you mentioned Facebook, I did create a profile:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=757407531

And then there's the MySpace profile:
http://myspace.com/graysontrays

I don't do much with either site, which you can find out very quickly if you look at the profiles.

I think that Kodakgallery.com works like Flickr, Photobucket, etc., but in e-mail. That is, you send someone a link through an e-mail program that is built into the site. You could probably mail a link to yourself, and then copy that link into a forum here. But I could be wrong.

I've got some more investigating to do, obviously ...
John

Return to Administration and Suggestions