Grays on Trays® web site cited by Outdoors Online

Announcements from the management of the Grays on Trays<SUP>&reg;</SUP> web site concerning the site, including this discussion forum. Also: offer your suggestions for features, content, etc. here.

Grays on Trays® web site cited by Outdoors Online

Postby GraysOnTrays » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:22 pm

In her book Outdoors Online: An Internet Guide to Everything Wild & Green (Mountaineer Books, 2007), Erika Dillmam has this to say about the Grays on Trays® guide to snowboarding for adults:

"You don't have to miss out on the fun just because you don't like loud, jargon-filled snowboarding sites produced by twenty-year-olds. Leave the logos and beer bongs behind, and pull up a seat at the adult table. Grays on Trays is one of the best introductions to snowboarding on the web--regardless of your age. Created by "a middle-aged guy from the Midwest," it's humorous, well-written, and inspiring (not in a corny way, but in a "get off your bum and try something new" sort of way).
GraysOnTrays
Site Admin

Postby SteveH » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:22 pm

Congratulations John! High and well deserved praise.

Thank you again for creating this great resource. I get a lot more out of my time on the mountain because of the great information I get here.

SteveH
SteveH

Postby MunkySpunk » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:54 pm

Here-here!
MunkySpunk

Postby welshscarry » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:06 pm

Way to Go JOhn!

I ditto everyone else.

I have learned some extrememly helpful techniques:

1 getting on and off the lifts!
2 turning, getting onto an edge
3 help with catwalks
4 riding powder
5 waxing a board

Thank you sir!
welshscarry

Postby snowd0gg » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:00 pm

That's really awesome.

I also meant to say I appreciate reading through your blog. I've found some really interesting and helpful stuff in there!
snowd0gg

Postby John » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:05 pm

Thanks. I've been making an effort to put something up there every day. I have a lot of ideas, but sometimes it takes a while to polish one of them up. I hope to have something there every day through the rest of the month. Beyond that, I may cut back.

For everyone else, the address is http://www.graysontrays.com/blog . For some reason the comment function isn't working.
John

Return to Administration and Suggestions