Grays on Trays Publisher in Competitor Magazine

Announcements from the management of the Grays on Trays<SUP>&reg;</SUP> web site concerning the site, including this discussion forum. Also: offer your suggestions for features, content, etc. here.

Grays on Trays Publisher in Competitor Magazine

Postby John » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:02 pm

Thanks to the folks who responded to my requests for interviews for a magazine article I was writing. It has recently been published by Competitor magazine. Competitor is for the hard-core active adult, featuring news about marathons, ironman triathalons, and the like.

You can get a copy of Competitor at LA Fitness, 24 Hour Health clubs, Jamba Juice, some sporting goods stores, and other locations. It is largely (perhaps exclusively) distributed on the West Coast.

Or you could click through to the Competitor web site and read the article.

I'll give the link. Just come back and talk about it when you're done reading!

http://www.competitor.com/article/?Guid ... d744a773f1
John

Postby joecolo » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:20 am

Excellent article, it described my involvement with the sport very well. I haven’t heard of the Competitor magazine but I will definitely search one out. Good work.
joecolo

Postby shikshak » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:03 am

Many of my uncool friends can't understand why I love this sport so much. This article begins to explain the mind-body-soul connection that keeps me going back for more even on the worst ice day. I've also found that the vast majority of young riders truly respect older folks who get out there and try it out. I've received so much encouragement and advice from the youngsters that age just isn't a factor. The community of snowboarding is unlike other sports-supportive and motivating-not competitive.
Now if it would just snow out here!
shikshak

Postby mammothmom » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:46 am

What a great article John! I really enjoyed reading about the different reasons people have begun, especially Pat, the 60 something year old grandma! That's awesome!

Thanks!
mammothmom

Return to Administration and Suggestions