Discussions: Here or FaceBook?

Announcements from the management of the Grays on Trays<SUP>&reg;</SUP> web site concerning the site, including this discussion forum. Also: offer your suggestions for features, content, etc. here.

Discussions: Here or FaceBook?

Postby Rob2 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:59 pm

John- Is it me or are people just not into serious discussions anymore? Has the entire GOT community moved to Twitter? I looked on FB and even there the discussions seemed to be from the 2009-2010 season. Where are all the people who are really writing about riding? Maybe they are all out on the snow? Rob
Rob2

Re: Discussions: Here or FaceBook?

Postby GraysOnTrays » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:33 am

Rob,

I'm puzzled, too. Wish I knew. Maybe it's time to shut it down?
GraysOnTrays
Site Admin

Postby PatrickNH » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:45 pm

I just discovered and joined your board. There is a lot of good information for middle aged folks like me. Thumbs up from me. I really hope the board will be revived with many new members and posts.

Luckily, the majority of the (mainly technical) information in the posts still apply and is time independent. Thank you for all your members that post good, valuable messages. I did notice that the volume of new posts is very low. Grays On Trays has their own Twitter account, so why not promoting this board a little bit more? In many of the Grays On Trays tweets other sites are referenced, but this forum board is hardly mentioned. To be honest, this forum is a hidden gem.

If I was an admin for this board, I would take the following steps:
    - use (#) hashtags in every twitter post for example: #snowboarding Many people filter twitter posts on keywords
    - announce the forum often on twitter. For example, tweet: Are you a snowboarder 30 and over? You are not alone! Check out our forum Grays On Trays: http://bb.graysontrays.com #snowboarding #winter
    - announce new forum stickies on twitter with the link to the post. Ask people to chime in

Just my 2 cents. Again, the information on this board/site is great!
PatrickNH

Postby GraysOnTrays » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:30 pm

Patrick,

Thanks for your encouraging words. Most of the Twitter posts, for what it's worth, are fed directly from updates to the fan page on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/GraysOnTrays.
GraysOnTrays
Site Admin

Postby Katdog » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:15 pm

I hope more people join up and post. I find this forum to be soooooo helpful.
Katdog

Postby leftcoast larry » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:56 am

Here I hope -I'm not much of a Facest (didn't even know there was a GOT page.)

I posted earlier this year before and after a trip to Steamboat - hardly any response at all. Is it the Great Recession? Is it (shudder) infirmity or old age!? Arthritis at the keyboard. Too many after boarding drinks - all the days runs forgotten?

I'd be the first to confess to a paucity of visitations (not to mention time on the slopes - due in part to family health issues and a major home remodel)

Anyway, looks like I'm heading back to Steamboat in early April (whether the d*** remodel is done or NOT!) and a possible Mammoth run in mid-April.

Still riding Burton boots, board, bindings. Still having fun.
leftcoast larry

Return to Administration and Suggestions