What Safety Gear or Padding Do you Wear?

Dealing with aches and pains--and better yet, avoiding them--and fitness related to snowboarding. This is also the place to talk about helmets, safety pads, and goggles.

Protective Gear

Postby redd0019 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:51 pm

My SO and I each wear a helmet, knee pads and th RED padded shorts. The RED shorts have both foam and plastic inserts to protect you. We each took out some of the pads to reduce the bulk, I like just having the butt and more importantly the tailbone pads. As I start to ride rails, I'll add in more with the platic. I've never done wrist guards, he did for a while and found them to be too bulky with his gloves. The knee pads are a must for me, I always seem to hit there when I fall and spent the fall doing PT for knee injuries from running, need to protect them so I have them.
redd0019

Postby bobthegood » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:38 pm

The first piece of protective gear I purchased was a helmet. Like SteveS, I've taken a few of those backside headers, one w\o a helmet (it was in the truck), and 2 with it on. The ones with the helmet on were definitely a better experience.

This year I added some impact shorts and a set of knee pads. I purchased the ProTechs; no hard shell pads that come in and out, but they're extremely light, and have worked out pretty well.

Anyway, so far this year no hip pointers or tail bone jams. I don't know if there's more confidence wearing the armor, or that I might be progressing. Probably a little of both.

btg
Can't beat fun........

bobthegood
bobthegood

Postby Kecht06 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:46 pm

I was hoping to see more about clothes here. OK OK, I am from so cal, you know the stuck up capital of the universe, where everything centers around, but was reading in another thread sombody mentioning bibs. Now that really caught my interest, because I haven't seen a pair of those since I can remember out here.

So being from here and very interested in knowing more about you folks accross the country, I thought I would ask that question.

As for safety gear, I only use a helmet... RED HI FI with the big bass audio in it. won't strap in without it on my head.

If I were smarter, I would wear more, as you can never be too safe, but I am not.
And Whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men.
Kecht06

Previous

Return to Fitness, Safety and Health