impact shorts

Dealing with aches and pains--and better yet, avoiding them--and fitness related to snowboarding. This is also the place to talk about helmets, safety pads, and goggles.

impact shorts

Postby Katdog » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:24 pm

Any good advice on impact shorts? I would like to get a bit more daring on my board but want some added protection!
Katdog

Re: impact shorts

Postby John2 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:55 pm

Advice? They're a good idea. Not only do they save your butt when you fall, they offer a layer of warmth when you ride on the chairlift.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Due to technical difficulties, the user "John" is now running as "John2." New and improved?
John2

Postby Katdog » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:30 am

any recommendations on specific brands? or what to look for???
Katdog

Postby John2 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:52 pm

I use RED, which is from Burton, but only because it was the only kind sold by the shop I frequent. There are, by the way, versions specific for women as well as men.

The shorts I have include several different pads, some of which aren't necessary. For example, there are inserts for the thighs. I don't do rails, so I took those out, and the result is a less-bulky experience.

You might also wish to look through the following earlier discussions:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=583

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=998
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Due to technical difficulties, the user "John" is now running as "John2." New and improved?
John2

Return to Fitness, Safety and Health