Getting Back On the Horse

Dealing with aches and pains--and better yet, avoiding them--and fitness related to snowboarding. This is also the place to talk about helmets, safety pads, and goggles.

Getting Back On the Horse

Postby EdenP » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:16 am

Hey guys,
EdenP here and I'M BACK! Doctor gave me a clean bill of health and I'm ready for the mountain. I followed his orders and took it easy and never overdid myself and my little injury healed. Next weekend I have a date with a mountain. Of course I'm keeping it lowkey first time out. Nothing too strenuous. Fate doesn't like being tempted. But I am looking forward to it. Also have plans to ride Superbowl Sunday because the resorts have a tendency to be less than crowded on that day. I find it odd that some guys actually go up to the mountain and spend their time in the lodge watching the game instead of shredding with us diehards. Anyway,I'm grateful for God's healing touch. And if you are in the Tahoe area in the next month or two, maybe I'll see you around. (Except the first week of March when I will be tearing up the runs at Mammoth) Later days my fellow grays!
EdenP

Re: Getting Back On the Horse

Postby John » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:03 am

Glad you're able to go back at it yet this season. Taking it easy for a while is probably a good idea. Getting back on the horse is even better.

As for hanging out in the lodge, I don't do much of that either. But I suppose that for some people being their is just another part of the whole experience.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Our fan page is http://www.facebook.com/GraysOnTrays
John

Postby wrathfuldeity » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:56 am

Behold...a pale rider...returns for more slashing, ripping and gnashing :wink: congrats on the healing...my motto is "live to ride another day...until the last day"
our little hill doesn't have tv in the lodges, but on super bowl weekend there's race activities.
Baker!
wrathfuldeity

Postby EdenP » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:45 am

Thanks for the support guys. And wrathful, you are fortunate to have an awesome mountain in your backyard. I went to Mt.Baker last season with my son while he was living with his grandmother in Bellingham. It was awesome. Unfortunately I got sick and had to cut it short. I tried to nap in the men's lounge while he tore up the mountain. All in all it was a good time. I perfected my technique while I was there. Booked a hotel in Mammoth next month. Looking forward to going there for the first time in two years. It's my favorite mountain, although my mind may be changed when I ride Whistler next year. We'll see.
EdenP

Return to Fitness, Safety and Health