Olym 2010

Most Grays on Trays aren't into competitive riding--halfpipe, slopestyle, boardercross, etc.--but we can still appreciate the skills of those who do. Talk about the Olympics, X Games, the U.S. Snowboarding Open, etc. here.

Olym 2010

Postby runswithdog » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:07 am

Well, I will start the conversation.

US finalized the teams last week.
Comments: Shaun White will have to be in the hospital to not get a medal.
Vito has a chance. I like the womens pipe team with Bleiler my favorite. (well, she's from the home state)
I always cheer for Klug in the snowboard gs.

And I love the snowboard and ski X . That is so much fun to watch. Our old creaky ex alpine guys Rahlves and Puckett are beat up but should hang in there.

I tried a small snowboard cross course at Crested Butte last year. Wasn't ready for those banked turns and the way it slingshots your body.......Wow.
runswithdog

Re: Olym 2010

Postby wyorider » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:12 pm

Yeah, Go snowboarders, Watching the x-games was a blast. It was a kind of a preview of the Olympics. I can't believe shaun white wasn't in the hospital with the wreck he had when he hit the wall. If you haven't seen the crash, it's probably on you tube somewhere! I always enjoy watching the boardercross, I'm a friend of Pat Holland who races and his brother Nate holland will be in the Olympics. Nate won the boardercross at the x-games and should be a strong contender for the American team. It should all be worth the watching.

My son ran the course at crested butte a few years back during their extreme contest and it was a wild course. He was doing real well then crashed and skidded off the course. He was really there for the extreme side of things anyway and did well with that. He was about 15 then.

GEEZERS RULE
jpwyo
wyorider

Postby wyorider » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:29 pm

Found the link to the shaun white crash to save the trouble, unbelievable!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJYf9w-OQPk

GEEZERS RULE
jpwyo
wyorider

Postby canoer » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:42 am

I'm rooting for Callan Chythlook-Sifsof, who's following in the footsteps of Rosie Fletcher (bronze in Turin).
canoer

Postby patmoore » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:46 pm

It hurt just to watch that video!

Best of luck to Chris Klug and Tyler Jewell at the Games!
patmoore

Postby John » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:25 pm

It could be a record Olympics for the USA.

It was disappointing to see Gretchen Bleiler wash out both runs in the halfpipe, but Torah Bright might have gotten the gold anyway.

The Snowboard Cross event delivered a lot of "carnage," as expected.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Our fan page is http://www.facebook.com/GraysOnTrays
John

Postby runswithdog » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:59 pm

No matter what you think of past behavior, Bode has been "on fire" and it really ripping it up.
Inredible.
Glad to see our boarder girls medal in the haflpipe, but disappointed in Gretchen B.
Hoping for bigger things.

Torah Bright looks smooth, in the Shaun White fashion.
Way to go riders!
runswithdog

Postby John » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:52 pm

I think Bright is going to be the next big star in terms of advancing the start of the art on the women's side. And yes, it was nice to see Bode Miller come through with a good showing this time out.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Our fan page is http://www.facebook.com/GraysOnTrays
John

Postby SteveH » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:05 pm

An utterly amazing performance by Team USA. They currently lead the medal standings (32) over Germany (26) and Norway (19). They have an excellent chance to finish with the most medals for the first time since Lake Placid--not the 1980 Lake Placed games, the 1932 Lake Placid games.

They are also within two of their highest medal count (34 in Salt Lake) and most medals ever in one games, which is, as I recall, 36 by Germany.
SteveH

Return to Snowboarding Competitions