snowboard World Cup event/volunteer

Most Grays on Trays aren't into competitive riding--halfpipe, slopestyle, boardercross, etc.--but we can still appreciate the skills of those who do. Talk about the Olympics, X Games, the U.S. Snowboarding Open, etc. here.

snowboard World Cup event/volunteer

Postby runswithdog » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:02 pm

There is going to be a World Cup event for snowboarding in Telluride the week of Dec. 15.
They are looking for volunteers, needing over 500. There will be on snow and off snow jobs. (training runs, receptions, concert on Sat. night, meals)

Events will be snowboard cross and parallel giant slalom.

This is the second of 5 qualiflying events, and the only one held in the US. To be televised nationally on NBC.
Up to 500 athletes, coaches and support staff from 25 countries are expected.

Volunteers receive a free lift ticket for every day worked. If you work all 4 days, you get a Patagonia World Cup jacket and additonal lift tickets.

contact Justin Chandler, executive director, Telluride Ski and Snowboard club,
alpine@tssc.org

(Information from Telluride Watch newspaper)

*Thought someone might want to combine volunteering, viewing world competition, vacationing, and riding.
runswithdog

Re: snowboard World Cup event/volunteer

Postby daysailer1 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:50 am

That might be fun to do but I don't have a free place to crash and that's about when things start gearing up in earnest at Winter Park too. (I've never ridden Telluride but I do get free tickets for there). I must make it there sometime.
AASI - Rocky Mountain Cert. 1
Winter Park Ski & Ride School Adult Program
Winter Park Ski Bike Program Certified Instructor
daysailer1

Re: Snowboard World Cup event/volunteer

Postby PamelaDare » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:24 pm

To think we'll miss it by a week! It would have been a wonderful opportunity; how many opportunities exist for the average person to experience their favourite sport and its elite participants in a pre-Olympic event? An event without all the brou-haha associated with the skiers and that crowd?! d*** the economic downturn and all those who put in for their vacation weeks before we did! :lol:

All we can say it this: Go over 30's, go!!

:D
PamelaDare

Return to Snowboarding Competitions