Apres-Ski Activities

General Discussions relating to adults
who snowboard and snowboarding. For topics that don't fit in more specific forums.

Where's your favorite apres-ski location?

Anywhere I can sleep
No votes
Bar / club
50%
Hotel apres-ski room (drinks may be available, but not a bar)
No votes
Hot tub or whirlpool
50%
Pool
No votes
Restaurant
No votes
Sauna
No votes
Shower
No votes

Total votes : 6

Apres-Ski Activities

Postby John » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:47 pm

So what's your favorite apres-ski activity? (OK, I should say "apres-ride," but it sounds so clunky.) I'm thinking about if you're at at a resort, not a day area.

My practice has been to take a hot shower, head to the lodge lounge for a drink and some snacks before heading out for dinner. (Party life? Some mights I work to stay up until 9 p.m.)

A week ago I spent a couple of nights in a hotel near Lutsen. It was a utilitarian set-up, with nothing beyond what you might get at a hotel along the interstate in, say Des Moines.

But one thing I enjoyed a lot was some time in the sauna. The smell of the wood and the baking of the heat into my skin was a great contrast to cold and the overcast skis I had ridden in during the afternoon.

Thinking back on it, I did some research into saunas and found out that some purists would consider that I was not really in a sauna. For example, it wasn't filled with smoke from a wood fire. But it was a great feeling just the same.
John

Postby bernwern » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:52 pm

Being somewhat young, I still like to kick it with a few beers/cocktails.....depending on where I am, it could be a bar in town or at the chalet, or even just drinks back at the hotel/cabin. Just seems to relax me. When out west, it allows me to think about the days riding and share stories with others.

Although I certainly do like the hot-tub at my apartment...not much beats a couple beers and chilling in the warm water :)

-B
bernwern

Postby snowd0gg » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:30 pm

It's a toss-up for me. I love hitting the hot tub right after getting off the slopes and letting those muscle relax some. After dinner, it's time to go out and have a few in one of the local bars.

I used to really enjoy going to some friend's timeshare condo in Tahoe where we had a routine of coming back from a full day of skiing, take Tylenol, mix a pitcher of margaritas, and sit in one of the roof-top hot tubs talking with others while the snow collected on our heads. :D
snowd0gg

Postby welshscarry » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:10 pm

I like to combine the activities.
I go with getting in the hot tub, while having a beer.

With a group of friends, of course. Skiers and riders both welcome.
Not into the "getting into a hot tub with a bunch of strangers thing". :)
welshscarry

Return to General Discussion