Two Boarders

General Discussions relating to adults
who snowboard and snowboarding. For topics that don't fit in more specific forums.

Two Boarders

Postby yardsale » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:16 pm

Oh Man, I hit the slopes here in Maine Saturday. What a great day with my new Burton T6. I am gonna complain a little here. I was finishing my last run when a two boarder drops in on my right and cuts me off. I catch the back of his skis and "yardsale". All the guy says is "oops". I just shook it off and moved on. :cry:

Anyway I have the next week off and I'll practice boarding more defensively.
yardsale

Postby SteveH » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:55 pm

There are a number of theories as to why 2boarders are so rude, incompetent and oblivious. Psychophysiologists opine that expending such a large portion of their limited brain power trying to coodinate two boards, two poles, four edges and one surly attitude simply leaves no energy to actually watch where they are going. I guess having your board broken into two pieces would just naturally tick you off.

My own opinion is that they are simply so envious of how much fun we have on our boards it triggers an irrepressible urge to antagonize us.

Top 10 reason to give up snowboarding and take up skiing.

10. You think you might actually be able to stand up if you had two boards.

9. Ski boots look so comfortable.

8. You think premature release has something to do with sex.

7. Having functional knees is so overrated.

6. You want to ride under the snow on powder days.

5. Snowplowing looks so cool.

4. Your full length fur drags in the snow on the heelside.

3. Did I mention the cool boots?

2. There is no aerobic workout quite like hiking back up the mountain to retrieve your poles and skis after a yardsale.

and

1. You'd like to be able sit down in a bar without a member of the opposite sex asking you out.

All in good fun. I slide both ways myself and--some of my best friends are skiers. Honest!

Steve
SteveH

Postby yardsale » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:25 pm

That is funny, thanks for the support bro... :D
yardsale

Postby SteveH » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:25 pm

De nada. Hope the defensive boarding is working. I'm at Breck this week. The holiday crowd hasn't hit yet (and it was 10 degrees with a windchill of zero) so I didn't have too many out of control skiers to dodge. I did see a guy in one of the feeder lines to the lift ski ride up onto a girl's board at a 90 degree angle, basically imobilizing her. He was so oblivious he didn't even realize what he had done until she (very politely) asked him to move.

They've also opened almost all of the terrain (~2100 of 2500 acres) so there's more room to spread out. I got in 5 nonstop hours today before my aching feet declared it a day. There was virtually no wait time at the Mercury high speed quad so it was all the turns you can handle. Can't wait til tomorrow.

Steve
SteveH

Postby dcdrumrider70 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:53 pm

My own opinion is that they are simply so envious of how much fun we have on our boards it triggers an irrepressible urge to antagonize us.

You need to make this the top 11 reasons and slide all these up a reason.

Reason #1 revised

1) You need the training wheel

LOL
dcdrumrider70

Postby canoer » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:54 pm

This thread reminds me of the antagonism between canoers and kayakers back in the day (1972) when there were a significant number of whitewater canoers crowding the kayakers out of the eddies. The saying back then was:

Half the paddle, twice the man.

Someone should be able to rephrase that to work for boarders/skiers.
canoer

Return to General Discussion