Dude, you're a girl?

General Discussions relating to adults
who snowboard and snowboarding. For topics that don't fit in more specific forums.

Dude, you're a girl?

Postby John » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:19 pm

Over in the Gear forum (topic: bindings), Cayenne closes with this signature:

"Nice line",he says. "Thanks", I say. "Dude, your a girl!?!",he says. "Yes and I am old enough to be your mom!", I say....

---------------

A great signature. When and how did this happen? Sounds like there may be a story worth telling there.
John

Girl on the tray

Postby Cayenne » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:23 am

Yes - that happen in Feb 2006 at Mt. Hood Meadows.

When I ride I wear a helmet, Oakley goggles that have a mirror tint and I wrap a bandana around my face and tuck it up underneath the goggles to keep the elements off my face. I am small so everything is big on me and I multi layer so it is hard to tell that I am female (no pink!). That day I was riding my old Morrow pow plank (not my K2 Luna).

It was a good pow day and I landed first chair on Cascade. No time to waste, I hit my favorite run and did not look back. I get back to the lift and three guys fall in just seconds behind me. One kid - 15 ish behind me says," wow - that was a nice line, we followed you - it was awesome." I say, "thanks - it was awesome." The look on his face was priceless and out rolls "Dude - your a girl!?!" I pulled down my bandana, showed my season pass picture and said "yes, and I am probally old enough to be your mom." By that time it was my turn to get back on the lift to go get some more freshies.

A girl has gotta do, what she's gotta do. :D
"Nice line",he says. "Thanks", I say. "Dude, your a girl!?!",he says. "Yes and I am old enough to be your mom!", I say....
Cayenne

some old moms can do it

Postby petpaintings » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:11 pm

LOVE IT (your line)!!

I spend most of my riding time at local Gunstock (central NH), my hot pink scarf and purple helmet might give me away as a "girl"-- my first 2 seasons I was learning on a logo Dunkin' Donuts freestyle freebie board which got lots of comments of "cool board" from the young sprouts before they even realized they were talking to an old mom! (Now I have graduated off that board though.)

I have to admit it IS gratifying to occasionally glide right past a hesitant youngster-- even as conservative as I still am, those are times when I let myself feel a little superior, in my mind anyway.
petArtistWithPeaches– (readers wanted!)
blog on horses, pets, painting on computers, website design and sunsets in New Hampshire.
petpaintings

Postby daysailer1 » Sat May 17, 2008 10:35 am

Sorry but I'm going to have to borrow your signature on some forums. :D
AASI - Rocky Mountain Cert. 1
Winter Park Ski & Ride School Adult Program
Winter Park Ski Bike Program Certified Instructor
daysailer1

Return to General Discussion