Any Riding Left? /Summer snowboarding

General Discussions relating to adults
who snowboard and snowboarding. For topics that don't fit in more specific forums.

Postby ALEX6969 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:44 am

dcalc wrote:well, i'm going to say a sad goodbye to snowboarding till december. I boarded last Sat (17th) and it's now over. It hurts this year because I finally feel like a real boarder and I'm going to miss it big time. I love to fish - but I now like boarding much more. I would love to take a summer boarding trip to NZ or South America - but I'm in the middle of a divorce and I don't think there's going to be any money left for fun!
But, that's a long story... Actually, as a divorce gift I'm thinking of getting a snowboard tatoo!

see you next season,
Dan

WELCOME TO THE CLUB DAN
ALEX6969

Postby dcalc » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:58 pm

yea, it seems like a growing one i'm sorry to say. Well, maybe I will hook up with a snow boarding partner women in the future, but don't like my odds as how many women out there are over 40, single and snowboarding?
Anyway, Thanks. Dan
dcalc

Postby shikshak » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:15 pm

And living in MI? Hmm.

There are very few of us around-they all seem to be two plankers. My snowboarding addiction has caused breakups the past two years! Friends and family tell me the only way a boyfriend will last the winter is if he snowboarded! Duh!

Killington's last day is scheduled to be May 6th. In past years they'd try to stay open until Memorial Day. Pico closed yesterday, a week later than originally posted because it was 100% open last week! There was so much snow out there, it was sad to see it close. Today with unfrozen precip it was a slush party so I was working on riding switch-it was like learning all over again-had no idea it would seem so weird!

This time of year, Pam, when you're out in the morning, stick to what's groomed. Then as the day goes on and folks have been down the ungroomed (and I normally hate groomers), it can be fun-soft bumps, be ready for some moguls. Once you get used to moguls-everything seems easier!

Out again on Wed, Thurs this week-spring break, then up to Sugarloaf for the weekend. What in the world am i gonna do in June??
shikshak

Postby dcalc » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:23 pm

I've seen a ton of girls (girls being the point) snowboarding here in MI, but only 1 women in my age bracket. Actually, after my divorce there's no compelling reason for me to be here, hmm...

Anyway, sound like you are having a ball. You need to take up fly fishing which gets me through the summer just fine - but I now like boarding better, especially since I've improved.

Have fun,
Dan
dcalc

Postby Grizzled » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:49 am

It's not over yet!
Just when I was ready to give in & swap snowboards for fishin rods, Mother Nature comes thru. Petoskey/nothern LP Mi. recieved a foot or more of fresh & the UP/Marquette got at least 3 feet.

Went to Nubs Nob yesterday. Powder runs in the early mornin, park was in good shape & the pipe was just re-cut.

Nubs is supposed to close for the season tomorrow but... with this much snow & more on the way ya never now. Marquette Mt. is open thru next weekend. I'll be makin the drive up to Marquette next weekend.
Riding since '87
Grizzled

Postby shikshak » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:07 am

Another foot forecasted for tomorrow night-hoping for a snowday from school on Friday. Killington is almost 100% open for the weekend-lifts regularly scheduled to be closed are reopening for the weekends! it's so awesome here right now.

And I do go fly fishing in summer-just can't think about it yet!
shikshak

New Snow

Postby alwysbrdn » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:12 pm

My wife and I just got back from Whistler Blackcomb. We were there for a week and they just got 15 inches of powder. Lots of snow there.
alwysbrdn

Postby John » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:08 am

Nice. For me, the board is on the work bench, and I've already started golfing for the season. Some more runs on the board, especially in powder, would be great. But there's a limit to the travel budget, and I have gone through that ...

Got any pictures?
John

Previous

Return to General Discussion