Snow In California At Last!

General Discussions relating to adults
who snowboard and snowboarding. For topics that don't fit in more specific forums.

Snow In California At Last!

Postby EdenP » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:52 pm

Well, my friends we finally have snow at Tahoe.After some 46 days of pure sunshine and temps in the high 60's we have snow up there and a little rain in the Bay Area.I am hopping in the car Sunday morning and heading to the mountain come h*ll or high water.With it being Super Bowl Sunday I think I have short lift lines to look forward to.Also not much traffic on the interstate.We are supposed to get another storm next week so you can count on my going up next Friday too.Finally some action.Hope to see you where ever I decide to go which will most likely be Sierra.
EdenP

Re: Snow In California At Last!

Postby John2 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:36 pm

So how did it go? Did you get the snow you were looking for?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Due to technical difficulties, the user "John" is now running as "John2." New and improved?
John2

Re: Snow In California At Last!

Postby EdenP » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:51 am

Sure did.The snow flurries were fairly constant the whole time I was there.It was awesome.I was all over the mountain.Some runs had rocks and some dirt because of a shallow base but I was able to avoid the obstacles and had a total blast.Another storm comes through this week so I may get in some riding this coming weekend also.The weather service said it would be partly sunny but it snowed and fortunately I was prepared.I HATE chaining up and didn't have to.I left early so I would be down the mountain before any significant snow and ice had built up on the roads.I got in about two hours of riding.Looking forward to more riding this month.I hope you all get a chance to head up to the mountains.If you do,share with us on the message board.I'd love to read about it.
EdenP

Return to General Discussion