Season Pass- Get One

General Discussions relating to adults
who snowboard and snowboarding. For topics that don't fit in more specific forums.

Season Pass- Get One

Postby longboardkook » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:09 am

So this might be a bit late for some of you; but, I say get your season pass if you live within 2 hours from your local mountain. Coming from firsthand experience, no matter how big or small your local resort is, it is well worth it to get a season pass.

Before moving out to ColoRADo, I put in over 10+ years worth of season passes at Ski Whitetail that is about an 1 1/2 hours from Washington DC. It was well worth the money spent. I would easily break beyond even on number of days out vs the cost of buying a daily pass. Me an my bros ended up having Whitetail dialed in so well that we knew every inch of the place and exactly when to hit it and how long to stay on any given day. Typically we would cruise in early to run the corduroy before the crowds showed. When the crowds ended up on the hill, we would surf/ride the edges of the runs where snow was left untouched. And then we head on out early. If it were not for the season pass at our small hill, we would have not got as much experience on the hill that paid dividends on our once a season trip out west. Not to mention we had a blast being season pass locals on our hills becoming big fish in a little pond.

Now that I'm living out west, you got to be a fool not to grab one of the season pass deals. I currently have the Epic Local pass that gets me out on 5 mountains here in ColoRADo and I am contemplating grabbing another season pass at Loveland just to score the bowls you have to hike to off the ridge. Freaking untouched inbounds powder that matches any backcountry score.....

So don't be a "I only go out west for good snow" boarder. Instead score it locally with a season pass and then rage on your trips out west. I'm just saying.............

So where is your local season pass this year?
Surf the Snow!
longboardkook

Re: Season Pass- Get One

Postby John2 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:36 am

Great post! I think it may make MORE sense to have a season pass if your closest hill is, well, a hill. Around my area, the hills are pushing $50 for a daily ticket, which is a lot of money if you're going to be out for only a few hours. At a small hill, a few hours may be all that you want to use.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Due to technical difficulties, the user "John" is now running as "John2." New and improved?
John2

Re: Season Pass- Get One

Postby longboardkook » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:05 pm

John2 wrote:Great post! I think it may make MORE sense to have a season pass if your closest hill is, well, a hill. Around my area, the hills are pushing $50 for a daily ticket, which is a lot of money if you're going to be out for only a few hours. At a small hill, a few hours may be all that you want to use.

John2, where is your hill?

Ski Whitetail near Washington DC/Baltimore was my local "mountain" and it was less than 1,000 vertical feet and a daily lift ticket was over $50. But you know what, with my season pass making it possible to lower that daily cost (when I went out enough times) it resulted in many very memorable seasons on our small ski resort. I would spend a few hours each weekend up there with my regular crew and then beat feet back home for the family events. Doing that ramped up our snowboarding legs and skills enough to hang with our Colorado buddies out west.

Don't overlook even your small hill's season pass. Throw down the cash for a season pass for one year and see how often you can get out there snowboarding. You would be surprised on how much fun and worth it a season pass can be.
Surf the Snow!
longboardkook

Return to General Discussion