Why did you start riding?

General Discussions relating to adults
who snowboard and snowboarding. For topics that don't fit in more specific forums.

Re: Why did you start riding?

Postby IdahoRider » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:24 pm

Currently 68 YO and been riding for 10 years. My grandson knew I had been a surfer back in the day and when he was about 9 or 10 asked me if we could try snowboarding. I said "sure" and the rest is history. got my 2014-2015 pass to Schweitzer Mountain last month and I am ready for my 11th season.
Ed
aka IdahoRider
aka G.O.A.T. (Gray On A Tray)
Sandpoint, ID
IdahoRider

Postby PamelaDare » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:55 am

Because I always wanted to learn to surf...and the waves aren't all that on Lake Ontario. :lol:

Been away from the sport for quite some time but I am happy to learn that the 'Trayz' have grown in size and scope!

Looking forward to the upcoming season!
PamelaDare

Postby Rob3 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:26 pm

Growing up on the east coast and the midwest, I had never done anything with snow but shovel it. Then I married into a family of California skiers. Did a lot of research and concluded riding looked like way more fun than skiing - and I liked that there were fewer moving parts.

I'm a meditator and SteveH's post on the previous page resonates with me as it did with others. Staying in the moment on a snowboard is way easier than staying in the moment while meditating.

An edge in the snow of a solitary run sings of awareness and presence and peace.
Risks well taken send you home more courageous.

Rob
Rob3

Previous

Return to General Discussion